Est. Mortgage £5,091 per month
SUMMARY The Old Vicarage is a magnificent period property, set within approximately 2.25 acres of land. The generous accommodation comprises; porch & reception hall, three reception rooms, open plan kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom & cellar. To the first floor; Master bedroom with en-suite & dressing room, second bedroom with en-suite/dressing room, three further double bedrooms & two further bathrooms. Externally; sweeping driveway, formal gardens & woodland, walled fruit garden, tennis court & coach house.
SITUATION Penmark has an attractive mix of residential properties. Facilities in the Village include the Parish Church and "The Six Bells" Public House. Children from the Village can attend the highly regarded Llancarfan Primary School and from there attend Cowbridge Comprehensive School. The good local road network brings the more extensive facilities of the Market Town of Cowbridge within easy driving distance and also the centre of Cardiff which has the usual amenities of a Capital City including theatres, concert halls, excellent independent schools and a main-line connection to London in around two hours. Cardiff Wales Airport which offers regular International and Regional flights is a matter of a few minutes driving distance away.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Gabled entrance porch leading into the impressive reception hall
* A grand drawing room with a feature open fireplace
* Sitting room with superb views over the front lawns
* Open plan kitchen & breakfast room with a central fireplace dividing the two
* The kitchen is fitted with antique style handmade oak units
* 'Lacanche Cote D'or' range cooker and integrated appliances
* The breakfast room offers ample space, houses the original servants bells & flagstone flooring extending into both rooms
* Dining room with large bay window overlooking the rear gardens
* Utility room providing extra storage, plumbing & housing original bread oven
* Rear hallway & separate cloakroom also compliment the ground floor accommodation
* Stone steps lead down to the cellar which provides ample extra storage
* Master bedroom suite with en-suite bathroom & dressing room
* Second double bedrooms with en-suite/dressing room
* Three further double bedrooms & two further bathrooms
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * The property sits in approximately 2.25 acres of gardens
* A gated entrance with a sweeping gravel driveway leads to the principal parking area
* Flagstone steps lead to the gabled entrance porch
* The front garden is principally laid to lawn with a variety of mature shrubs, trees and flower bed borders
* A stone wall separates the orchard with a variety of fruit trees & potting shed
* To the rear of the property is lawned & courtyard area
* With woodland & a tennis court beyond
* To eastern side of the property is the coach house & stables with potential for conversion, subject to relevant permission
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. Oil-fired central heating. Cess pit drainage.
DIRECTIONS From Cowbridge travel east along the A48 towards Cardiff. After travelling through the Village of Bonvilston take the right hand turn along Five Mile Lane. Continue along this road along this road taking the 2nd exit at the 1st roundabout. At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit. After exiting the roundabout take the next right hand turning towards Penmark, follow the road round to the right, taking the second left hand turning, the entrance to 'The Old Vicarage' will then immediately on your right hand side.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
The Est. Mortgage is for a 25 years repayment mortgage based on a 10% deposit and a 1.9% annual interest. It is only intended as a guide. Make sure you obtain accurate figures from your lender before committing to any mortgage. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage.